Monday, March 12, 2007

Terry Gilliam's TIDELAND

...Terry Gilliam's "little" movie upset, confused and annoyed a lot of critics. I even failed to see it in the cinema during its very limited run. However, I saw it tonight. It is odd, disturbing, gruesome, funny, surreal, sad, bombastic and fucking brilliant. I was going to buy a new pair of shoes this weekend but shall be picking up my own copy of DVD instead. It blew me away. I don't know that it is for everyone. It taps into some dark corners of childhood. ...and humanity. But, it also sheds lights into those places. Survival. Working one's way through those very grim moments of childhood --- and making the horrible into beautiful. And the insane into family. Accidents into myth.

"...I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST

KISSES

HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

thanks for droppin by. anyway, i hope u'll keep blogging. the picture at the top is just so great i wanna copy it. hahahahaha.